Holy Family of the Bluffs Catholic community
St. Joseph, New Albin Immaculate Conception, Wexford
Immaculate Conception, Lansing St. Ann-St. Joseph, Harpers Ferry
In anticipation of resuming Masses for Holy Family of the Bluffs parishes, the following is a summary of the guidelines/requirements we are establishing for when Archbishop Michael Jackels permits us to reopen our churches on May 30 & 31, 2020.
- First and foremost the obligation to attend Mass remains suspended indefinitely for everyone. Parishioners over the age of 65 OR with chronic/immune suppressed conditions have been given a dispensation for attending Mass for an indefinite period of time.
Each and every one of you is therefore free to decide what is best and safest for your family. If you are sick, if you have been in contact with someone who is sick or has Covid-19 or has tested positive, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Holy water fonts will remain empty.
- No physical contact during the Lord’s Prayer or the Sign of Peace.
- Holy Communion must be received in the hand ONLY. The chalice of the Precious Blood will not be distributed. No one is to come forward during communion for a blessing, as all will be blessed at the end of Mass.
- All Heritage Missals will be removed from the pews.
- No altar servers.
- Kindly adhere to social distancing of at least 6’. Exception: Families may sit together. Every other pew will be roped off. 12’ distancing for musician, cantor, or song leader. No choir.
- No Offertory collection by the ushers. Collection baskets will be placed near the entrance(s) of the church. No procession of the Offertory gifts.
- Everyone must sanitize hands upon entering the church and exiting the church.
- We encourage you to wear a mask.
- No non-essential gatherings inside the church, faith formation center or parish hall.
We realize that this is a lot to do and manage, so please be patient with us as we work to comply with and make these changes. We look forward to seeing those of you who are able to come to Mass and safely celebrate with us again. We will miss those of you not able to attend and look forward to the time you can rejoin us. We pray that God bless and keep you all safe and healthy. Please continue to pray for a healthy parish, our sisters and brothers, and for a healthy and STRONG country.
Fr. John Moser
Office phone #563-538-4171 Cell phone #563-217-0529